(Libia Castro & Ólafur Ólafsson - Everybody Is Doing What They Can, 2008)
(Hlynur Hallsson - Important, 1999)
This week I visited Reykjavík, and it was a very happy coincidence when I went to the gallery Hafnarhús and found a whole exhibition that ties in with my current project. Hrina / Bout was a collection of video works by Icelandic artists from a range of eras, intended to examine the implications developing technology has on video art. The exhibition was shown in four parts: Play, Performance, Record and Tale - this was Record.
I visited two other galleries, Ásmundarsafn and Kjarvalsstaðir and I started to think about the benefits of using the video pieces in my work, and if it really could be possible. I had been avoiding using a screen because I thought it would be easier, but in actual fact it could really tie the piece together - these are my notes from when I was in Kjarvalsstaðir and started reconsidering my presentation options:






No comments:
Post a Comment